Cooperative Learning and Team Building Activities that Focus on Social and Emotional Learning
Character Education is an educational movement that supports the social, emotional and ethical development of students. Character is Cool Skillastics® compliments Character Education by creatively integrating character traits such as sportsmanship, respect, responsibility, teamwork, caring and honesty into the celebrated Skillastics® technique. Each of the 26 physical activities are associated with a specific character trait, allowing instructors to build on each character trait, helping students to become their best selves and to achieve their best work. The physical activities for children that are included in this cooperative learning environment provide the tools for each child to strive for. The assessment exercises provided enhance learning outcomes and improve physical literacy. Character is Cool Skillastics® is aligned with the National PE Standards and HEPA AfterSchool Guidelines.
Watch it in Action!
- Physical Education
- AfterSchool and 21st Century Learning Programs
- Expanded Learning Programs
- Bully Awareness Programs
- Character Education Initiatives
Character is Cool Skillastics® Includes:
- 5’ x 7’ Durable Activity Mat
- 6, Durable Miniature Mats (20” x 27”)
- 26, Laminated Task Cards (used for practice and familiarization prior to play)
- Full Curriculum containing National PE Standards Alignment, Assessments, Rubrics, & Lesson Plans (Download)
- Colorful, Detailed Instructional Manual (includes assessment exercises) (Download)
- Animated Instructional DVD (includes examples of how to do each of the 26 activities and why each activity is associated with that activity) (Download)
- Talking points that help the instructor expand on the character traits and how they transfer into everyday life.
- 6, Multi-Colored Foam Dice
- 6, Multi-Colored Beanbag Markers
- Convenient Storage Backpack
- 3rd thru 8th Grade