An Innovative Resource that Makes Moving and Learning Fun by Merging Volleyball Skill Development into a Group Game!
Volleyball Skillastics® provides children the opportunity to experience the game of volleyball in a fun, non-threatening and structured environment. It is an innovative, team-building activity for kids that focus on hand/eye coordination, stamina and bilateral proficiency. The 26 developmentally appropriate activities include a mixture of individual, partner and team participation. Aligned with the National Physical Education Standards and HEPA After School Guidelines, Volleyball Skillastics® offers instructors an effective tool that allows for maximum participation, collaborative learning, and the freedom to assist an individual child during the activity when needed.
Add the Skillastics® Elementary or Secondary Nutritional Cards for a perfect balance of sport skill development and nutritional knowledge.
Watch Volleyball Skillastics® In Action Now:
Volleyball Skillastics is approved by USA Volleyball and includes a mixture of individual, partner, and full team participation activities. It enables children to enjoy volleyball fundamentals without a need for a net, activities like volleyball juggling, floor touch reaction, and block jump make learning fun while improving all aspects of the game. Volleyball Skillastics introduces young players to the basics of the game in small groups so everyone gets to touch the ball often in a game like way.
- Physical Education
- After School and 21st Century Learning Programs
- Expanded Learning Programs
- Volleyball Clubs
- Volleyball Camps
- 3rd – 12th Grade
Volleyball Skillastics® Includes:
- One (1), 5’ x 7’ Durable Activity Mat
- Six (6), 20” x 27” Durable Miniature Mats
- Twenty-Six (26), Laminated 5” x 7” Task Cards (for practice and familiarization)
- Six (6), Multi-Colored Foam Die
- Six (6), Multi-Colored Beanbag Markers
- Full Curriculum containing National PE Standards Alignment, Assessments, Rubrics, & Lesson Plans (Download)
- Detailed Instructional Manual (Download)
- Convenient Nylon Backpack Storage Bag
I purchased this kit and I am so excited to try this one out with a group of young volleyball beginners, 6-10 year olds. As a former collegiate volleyball player I think this kit will be age-appropriate and a big hit.