The Perfect MVPA Fitness Resource that Improves Kinesthetic Learning and Challenges Middle and High School Students
According to HealthyPeople.gov, more than 80% of adolescents do not engage in enough aerobic activity to meet the national guidelines. Unfortunately, many students are reluctant to participate in physical activities due to a number of factors;
- Confidence levels low regarding abilities
- Lack of family or peer support
- Lack of choices in Physical Education
- Inadequate equipment of facilities for activity
Fitness Xtreme Skillastics® provides a fun learning experience for all abilities. Students are so engaged, which takes the focus off of individuals and allows instructors to provide individual help without other students taking the time to notice. The versatility of Fitness Xtreme Skillastics® also allows for competitive play. All 26 physical activities have been approved by adolescent fitness experts and are aligned with the National Physical Education Standards and AfterSchool HEPA Guidelines.
Add the Skillastics® Secondary Nutritional Cards for a perfect balance of physical activity and nutritional review.
Watch it in Action!
Fitness Xtreme Skillastics helps older students to achieve higher fitness level by making routine exercises cool and engaging. An ideal preparation tool fitness grabs standardized fitness testing. This kit can be used in competitive and noncompetitive formats. A detailed instruction manuals out wide options to raise intensity level for other children who wanted greater challenge. Age-appropriate activities and design made Fitness Xtreme Skillastics a hit for pre-teens and teenagers alike.
- Physical Education
- AfterSchool and 21st Century Programs
- Expanded Learning Programs
- Lifestyle Fitness Programs
- Preparing for FitnessGram® Testing
Fitness Xtreme Skillastics® Includes:
- One (1), 5’ x 7’ Durable Activity Mat
- Six (6), 20” x 27” Durable Miniature Mats
- Twenty-Six (26), Laminated 5” x 7” Task Cards (for practice and familiarization)
- Full Curriculum containing National PE Standards Alignment, Assessments, Rubrics, & Lesson Plans (Download)
- Instructional DVD (High School students demonstrating all 26 activities) (Download)
- Six (6), Multi-Colored Foam Die
- Six (6), Multi-Colored Beanbag Markers
- Detailed Instructional Manual (Download)
- Description of each activity and why that activity helps prepare for FitnessGram® Testing
- Muscle group recognition activities included
- Convenient Nylon Backpack Storage Bag
- 6th – 12th Grade
Megan Rudolph –
Perfection! This educational tool was a HUGE success in my classroom! The students were learning, laughing, and being physically active! They were begging me to use this every day in class! Must have!!
Amy Prior –
This is a phenomenal addition to my Physical Education program. I have used this, with modifications, in an Elementary, Middle School, High School, and even with Collegiate setting. The Fitness Xtreme Skillastics allows students to modify the various activities which in turn lends to a higher rate of student success. The small group format allows you to place students in groups as you see fit for your class. This format also increases student participation by making each group member important to the success of the group. Set up and break down is a breeze too!
Sheri Beeler –
Fitness Xtreme Skillastics received “all thumbs up” as I introduced it in professional development sessions across our state and with our pre-service candidates at the university. Innovative and appropriate for any class size, the game is appropriate for all participants, regardless of their primary learning style. Promotes communication, cooperation and physical activity all in one activity!