“30 Days to a More Mindful Heart” is a program created by Michelle Thornton and Joseph Albano. Michelle has been an educator in the field of Mental Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Physical Education and Mindfulness for over 16 years. Joe is also an educator in Special Education. He has been teaching for 7 years and coaching for over 13 years. His experience in Primary, Middle and Secondary Special Education has provided him with a broad skill set. Their combined knowledge in Mindfulness and Self-Transformation is unique. This program was designed to empower students to become the masters of their own minds, to nurture their bodies and to find success in life by following their own hearts to happiness.
Each lesson is shared by Michelle in her own unique way. Some of the lesson topics are as follows: the importance of being mindful, gratitude, self-love, tools to navigate anxiety, breathing techniques, forgiveness, self-acceptance, the positive effects of nature and movement, nutrition, self-discipline, accountability, relationships, trust, boundaries, a healthy relationship with money, most importantly, the daily practice of meditation and so much more.
This program is structured with 30 minutes of programming providing the students with an opportunity to practice two very important life skills in each video along with listening to Michelle’s brief informative lessons. (Lesson time: 7-13 minutes)
- Journaling(5 min): The students will be responsible for having their own personal journal to write in. They will learn the importance of writing their own intimate thoughts down, finding an appreciation for the small things and becoming more mindful of who they are as human beings. They will be challenged to answer a variety of questions each day to keep them curious about their own behavior, their past experiences, the behaviors of others and how that awareness can shape their lives moving forward.
- Meditation(10-15 minutes): The students might need a yoga mat or a towel for this one. They will be guided by Michelle into a restful period(10-15minutes) with soothing music. They will be asked to lay down or put their heads comfortably on their desk. This life skill is so vital for their mental health. It is a gift we all should be giving ourselves to nurture our mind and body every day.
Pausing to take some space to JUST BE can transform our lives. This is something Michelle and Joe did not learn as children. They are very passionate about spreading these unique lessons to children of all ages. The goal is to help them suffer less, love themselves more and move forward with a newfound confidence and passion for life. This program provides the students with the time and space to discover who they are and the tools to expand their minds and hearts. The students will walk away with one key tool to help them control their minds and their happiness. That tool is the practice of going “within” and connecting them to their own desires. 30 Days to a More Mindful Heart is that journey WITHIN.
- Includes almost 1,000 minutes of instructional content. (30-40 minutes a day for 30 days)
- Use remotely OR on-site by projecting lessons on a big screen, whiteboard, or wall.
- Option of starting, stopping, or repeating the lessons
- As the instructor, you will be able to share your screen for the entire lesson lead by internationally known movement expert, Michelle Hillier.