This easy to follow, step-by-step guide was designed around the Fitness Skillastics® Activity Kit Starter Package Program. It was created to follow the Five Easy E’s of successful Skillastics® implementation; Establish, Educate, Execute, Expand and Evaluate. By following this field-tested guided outline, you are guaranteed success!
Each day consists of several lessons that equal 50 minutes of quality, moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) presented in the following format;
- Title of the activity.
- The day of the activity and how long the activity will take to execute.
- The grade level the activity is appropriate for.
- The overview of the activity.
- The equipment needed for the activity.
- The set up with illustrations.
- How to teach and play the activity.
- Social & Emotional Learning (SEL) Alignment
- Solutions to challenges you may encounter.
Click to Enlarge the Lesson:
What are the Different Ways I can Use this Lesson Plan Guide?
- Sixteen consecutive days. You may want to follow the guide exactly or skip a few days in between, spreading the lessons out over a longer extended length of time.
- As a part of a rotation with other physical activity lessons. You may already have additional physical activity programs scheduled for the year. The Fitness Skillastics® Activity Kit Program is a perfect variation to add to this rotation.
- Mix and Match. There might be moments when you need a quick physical activity. Refer to this manual often to find an activity that fits perfectly. Students will let you know what their favorite is!
BONUS: Family Engagement Ideas and Activities
We’re super excited to include a robust section of Family Engagement activities. These ideas and activities are a great way to share with your community all the wonderful physical activities you offer to your students every day. This section includes a step-by-step guide on how to host a Family Fitness Event, Family Fitness Calendars, Fitivities® - a Family Fitness Resource, Fitness Fundraiser and much more!
Targets Grades 2 - 6
- After School
- Expanded Learning Programs
- 21st CCLC
- ASES Programs
- Boys and Girls Clubs