Starting the New Year off Right!
Happy New Year! It’s time for new beginnings. Everyone feels happy at the beginning of a new year. Our minds are full of positive thoughts for a wonderful and prosperous New Year. Now is the perfect time to encourage your young athletes to set individual goals.
Ask them to take the time and answer these questions.
- What do you want to accomplish this year?
- Do you want to make the varsity?
- How many points do you want to average?
- How about steals or rebounds?
- How about setting a goal to jog at least three times a week?
- How about lifting weights?
There are endless possibilities for setting realistic goals. Have them write them down and display it in their room where they can see it often. It’s important that they keep that positive energy throughout the whole year and have a template to refer to when challenges appear.
Let’s all have a fantastic 2017!!!