SHAPE America Keeps Students Moving to Boost Learning
No one is better prepared to get kids healthier and more physically active than K-12 health and physical education teachers. That is why SHAPE America – Society of Health and Physical Educators recently announced the launch of a new Back to School website with numerous free resources for K-12 health and physical education teachers.
From a free digital Scope & Sequence Chart to all the information needed to develop a comprehensive school physical activity program, the website will help teachers keep students moving to boost learning. Resources include:
• A brand new Physical Education Program Checklist
• Guidance documents on The Essential Components of Physical Education and Appropriate Practices in School-Based Health Education
• Grade-level activity calendars
• Free podcasts on health and physical education topics
• Webinars with innovative ideas and tried-and-true teaching strategies
• A newly designed Legislative Action Center
• And much more
To ensure that all of America’s students develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to enjoy healthy, meaningful physical activity, SHAPE America recently launched its “50 Million Strong by 2029” initiative. The organization invites all health and physical education teachers to become part of this national initiative by enhancing health and physical education programs in their schools and providing opportunities for students to meet the recommended 60 minutes of daily physical activity before, during and after school.
Teachers who say “Count Me In” will receive a free digital Scope & Sequence chart. The chart:
• Supports the National Standards and grade-level outcomes for K-12 physical education
• Provides educators with an evaluation scale for K-12 students
• Provides guidance for developing lesson plans for K-12 physical education.