Take the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award Challenge
- Adults (that’s anyone over 18 years old): You need to be active 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. As an alternative, you can count your daily activity steps using a pedometer (goal: 8,500).
- Kids and teens (that’s anyone between 6 and 17 years): You need to be active 60 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. As an alternative, you can count your daily activity steps using a pedometer (girls’ goal: 11,000; boys’ goal: 13,000).
Starting the PALA will help you or your students:
- Commit to daily physical activity-and stick with it.
- Set realistic goals to encourage fitness for a lifetime.
- Track your progress with our free personal activity log, which you can access online after you create an individual account, or on a paper log (PDF).
PALA makes fitness fun! Yes, you need to be active every day, but participants can choose all kinds of activities to meet this goal-playing with the kids, gardening, walking, playing basketball, running, yoga, and more.