Making A Difference
It’s that time of year again, a new school year! It’s been said, “Some people go into teaching because it is a job. Some people go into teaching to make a difference.” In the book, “The First Days of School” by Harry and Rosemary Wong, there are some great principals that will help you as you prepare to “make a difference” in the lives of your students. Consider these thoughts and have a great start to your year!
- Have positive expectations for your students’ behavior and their learning
- Think about what you need to do to be a good classroom manager
- Design your lessons to help students become proficient at the skills you are teaching
- Strive to continue to learn and grow professionally
- Most important, be a good role model for those around you by having a positive attitude