All Inclusive Fitness Activity Kits That DO NOT Require a Fitness Expert to Teach
Research has shown that allowing children time to be physically active reduces discipline problems and enhances academic achievement (Ratey, J. 2008. SPARK: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain). The dilemma for Afterschool programs is two-pronged;
1) allocating time for physical activity
2) finding physical activities that are easy to implement and that can get every child engaged in moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) at one time.
We are here to help. Skillastics® has solved these problems successfully in thousands of quality Afterschool programs throughout the country. Skillastics® is an all-inclusive, “physical activity in a bag”, that takes seconds to set up and can effectively and efficiently get up to 100 children moving at one time, yet is accommodating enough to allow a few children to play as well.
Additional Benefits of Skillastics® For Afterschool Programs
- Limited in space – no problem! Skillastics® can be executed effectively in multi-purpose rooms, classrooms, outdoors or even on stages.
- Different ages can play at one time. The Skillastics® technique puts every child on a level playing field, no matter what their age or physical abilities. Children have to work together as a team to achieve the repetitions required in order to advance in the process of the game.
- Every child has the opportunity to be the leader
- Easy to set up, transport and store. Each Skillastics® activity kit includes 1, 5’ x 7’ reinforced activity mat, 6 miniature mats that are identical to the large mat and are used as a reference for each of the 6 teams, 6 various colored die, 6 various colored beanbags and detailed instructional manual that fits conveniently in a durable backpack.
- Besides getting a large amount of children moving at one time, Skillastics® includea many other underlying benefits as well. It teaches children how to work together to achieve a common goal, it engages academic learning experiences through activity (reading, math, science, nutrition), and it helps children who normally would not be active have a positive experience in being physically active.
- We offer quality, staff development training.
- No additional equipment is needed with;
Fitness Xtreme Skillastics®,
Character is Cool Skillastics®, Let’s Move in School Skillastics®, BFit4Winter Skillastics® Halfpint Skillastics® and
Halfpint Bilingual Skillastics®. (Basketball Skillastics® requires basketballs,
Soccer Skillastics® requires soccer balls,
Tennis Skillastics® requires modified tennis racquets and balls, and
Volleyball Skillastics® requires volleyballs).
- We now offer Equipment Packages! Click Here for More Information
- All Skillastics® Activity Kits (except Halfpint and Halfpint Bilingual) can be combined with the Skillastics® Nutritional Cards to allow children to learn about nutrition while being physically actively engaged.
I have been spending a lot of time the last…
I recently found this story in a booklet entitled Bits…
Skillastics® gets all the students so pumped to get active. They come in and see it laid out on the floor as the warm up activity and they get so excited! Before they know it they are moving and getting sweaty! They enjoy it so much that I got Sandy Spin Slade, Inc. permission to inlarge the activities and made them into poster size images and use them for our warm up when we do not have the Skillastics® game that we borrowed from another school. It is so much fun to see every student active no matter what their ability is. I love it! Thank you!