The #1 Physical Activity Game for After School Programs
Extensive scientific evidence demonstrates that regular physical activity promotes growth and development in youth and has multiple benefits for physical, mental, and cognitive health. Additionally, it is recommended that a “whole school” approach is needed to obtain maximum physical activity for children. In particular, After School programs offer the ideal environment to include moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA).
Skillastics® compliments your existing program, boosts outcomes and;
- Prepares the brain for tutoring and reinforcement of academics.
- Aligns with the Common Core.
- Builds pro-social competencies including collaboration, problem-solving and decision making.
- Is appropriate for special populations, bilingual applications and family/community events.
- Easy to set up and teach.
- Engages up to 100 children at one time in and organized manner, especially when dealing with space limitations.
- Flexible to allow a small amount of children to play as well.
- Children who play Skillastics® average heart rate is 142 bpm, with 70% Moderate to Vigorous Physical Activity (MVPA).
- BUDGET FRIENDLY!
Additional Benefits of Skillastics® For Afterschool Programs
- Limited in space – no problem! Skillastics® can be executed effectively in multi-purpose rooms, classrooms, outdoors or even on stages.
- Different ages can play at one time. The Skillastics® technique puts every child on a level playing field, no matter what their age or physical abilities. Children have to work together as a team to achieve the repetitions required in order to advance in the process of the game.
- Every child has the opportunity to be a leader
- We offer quality staff development training, but it’s not required.
- Skillastics® Nutritional Cards are a fun way to integrate nutrition components while simultaneously being active.
- We now offer Equipment Packages! Click Here for More Information
We’ll continue the “card game” with one more round of…
In the mid-90′s I wrote a pocket book called; Off…
“I love the idea of creating a cooperative activity in Physical Education that emphasize character traits! Physical Education is one of the best places to teach students about Character, and Skillastics® is another great piece to motivate the students on positive character and teamwork behaviors. The students at my school have enjoyed the Basketball Skillastics®, Soccer Skillastics® and Volleyball Skillastics® so much Character is Cool Skillastics® is a wonderful addition!”